Beauty and wellness have been of prime priority for women and men alike. Everyone wants to look their best, at any given moment. Unfortunately, time and tide wait for none. Age catches up to us without us even realizing it, and all of a sudden, our bodies feel less fit, the skin doesn’t seem fresh and young anymore, and it almost feels as if the glow has disappeared. Add pollution to this and you could almost hear your skin begging for some TLC (p.s. Could you tell the full-form of TLC with out using Google? Click here if not ).
Vitamin C Serum has quickly become a favorite product in everybody’s vanity. It works as the best anti-ageing product one can make use of. The serum also helps in the process of skin rejuvenation. You may wonder why you need to make use of the serum.
Why Should You Make Use of Vitamin C Serum?
- The serum is used for improving the quality of the skin. It makes the skin feel firm and makes you appear young and fresh. Vitamin C is essential when it comes to collagen formation which ultimately helps in keeping skin tight and firm aka younger looking. .
- Vitamin C serum benefits skin in numerous ways. One of the advantages is that the Vitamin C can stop premature aging. The skin is made to look fresh for years as it reduces wrinkle formation. Vitamin C helps in giving anti-oxidant protection from the detrimental free radicals. It blocks the rogue molecules that act in making the skin appear old. Vitamin C will also help protect the skin from the harmful rays of the Sun. Vitamin C will create the barrier so that the free radicals cannot come in contact with the skin.
- Vitamin C Serum reduces dark spots and makes the skin look brighter. If you use a topical form of Vitamin C, it will also act on the age spots, and prevent discoloration and hyperpigmentation of the skin. In fact, the skin tone is lightened naturally. It also helps in preventing dark circles. At times, your skin becomes red due to sun damaging. Vitamin C acts fast, in reducing the undesirable redness of the skin.
- Vitamin C components of the serum help in keeping the skin healthier. It helps in boosting skin’s natural defense mechanism. Vitamin C can be used in the form of sunscreen lotion. You can even apply Vitamin C lotion after having a sun burn. Vitamin C helps in repairing the damaged skin and prevents the formation of fine lines and skin discoloration.
Factors to Help You Choose Vitamin C Serum
As good as it is, it sure is not that easy to find a stable and effective Vitamin C serum for Indian skin. Here are some pointers you can go to before you buy Vitamin C serum.
- Picking the right brand is important. The form of Vitamin C you are using is highly important.
- Depending upon your skin type, you’ll have to decide whether to use the water soluble form of Vitamin C or the oil base form.
- Pay attention to the actual percentage of the vitamin C in it. A higher concentration of the solution can be dangerous for the skin.
- Assuring the PH level of the Vitamin C serum is vital. If the level is not right, you may suffer from skin irritations.
- It is best for Vitamin C compound to come with additional ingredients, for example, Hyaluronic acid. The team work will help in increasing the effectiveness of the solution.
- Which Vitamin C compound you will choose will depend on your skin type. The form of serum should well match with the nature of the skin.
- It is advisable to choose a Vitamin C serum that is White or colourless. A coloured derivative will hide the signs of oxidation and make the product less effective.
- The product should be well packed. Exposure of the ingredient to Sun or moisture can hinder the quality of the derivative.
- When selecting the brand of the Vitamin C derivative, you have to be careful. Don’t just go for a brand because it is cheap or expensive for that matter. A brand with reputation will help you enjoy the Vitamin C serum benefits.
Top Five Brands to Buy Vitamin C Serum in India:
- TruSkin Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin & Face with Vitamin-C, Vitamin-E, Organic-Aloe, Organic Jojoba Oil, and MSM – With all good things to offer in terms of ingredients, this one has a potent 5% botanical hyaluronic acid to give you advanced spa-like anti-aging treatment that deeply hydrates and plumps skin to fill-in fine lines and wrinkles.
- StBotanica Vitamin C 15%, E & Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum (Brightening + Anti Aging), 30ml – Age Defying & Skin Clearing Serum – Among the widely popular Vitamin C serum would be this one with the goodness of Vit E and HLA. It uses the most stable and effective form of vitamin-C, that is ‘magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, 3-o-ethyl ascorbic acid’. It helps enhance skin texture and tone, brightening the complexion and strengthen natural skin defense mechanisms.
3. Eve Hansen Vitamin C Facial Serum with Organic and Natural Ingredients and Hyaluronic Acid – This one feels like luxury on skin. It is made with Organic and Natural ingredients with the highest potency of Amino Blend, Vitamin E, and ic Acid. It also is Paraben, Alcohol, and Fragrance Free, which makes it suitable for all skin types including dry, sensitive and oily skin.
4. Dot & Key Glow Revealing Vitamin C Serum Concentrate – This one is quickly raising bars among its competitors. It is a water based formula that helps in skin brightening by neutralizing dark spots and fighting free radicals. The combo of Hyaluronic + Vitamin C formula provides hydration and restores skin plumpness, reducing the signs of ageing and Sun damage.
5. WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Serum – This is perhaps the best budget-friendly Vitamin C serum available in India. Along with Vitamin C, witch hazel and hyaluronic acid, this one helps to lighten pigmentation, fight signs of aging brought on by free radicals. Ultimately offering brightened and nourish skin.
Honestly, I would usually say it doesn’t matter which brand do you choose, but here I can’t, as it does matter. I have tried to give you a comprehensive review of all the Whats, Whys and Hows when it comes to buying Vitamin C Serum. I hope this helps you to buy the right one for your needs.