Winters are really loved, by a lot of people. Some love it because of their love for chilly weather, while some love it because they get to don their favorite jackets and boots in this weather. Winters also brings a lot of chances to try different cuisines, which in itself the most positive aspect of winters. But there are some negatives to this weather. Part of your life and body which suffers the most in the extreme winters is your skin!
The extreme weather conditions have never been kind to the human skin, be it heavy rains or even the summers, why would winter stay be any different?
The cold weather along with low humidity results in dry skin and makes it tough for the skin to endure. Depending on the skin type, a wide range of skin problems such as chapping, redness, itching and even severe issues like cracking and bleeding may occur during the harsh winters. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
To begin with, you can treat your skin with DIY Sheet masks, scrubs, and other skin care products especially customized for application in winters. This will certainly help your skin fight the winters. But not everyone can afford the expensive and other winter skin care products available in the market. The idea of burning a hole in their pockets prevents many people from procuring the much-needed face masks. Not to mention the enormous hurdles created by laziness in going out and buying the face masks. The only way to overcome these issues will be to get the face masks made in your own kitchen.
Let’s have a look at some of the best and affordable DIY face masks you can try out this winter!
- Banana Facial Masks – Bananas can replace Botox. The all-time burden for your budget, Botox will be replaced. Bananas can be used as a natural and homemade facial mask. It can moisturize your skin to a great extent. The level of moisturization caused due to this type of face mask makes it the best choice for winter.Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste, then gently apply it to your face and neck. Let it set for 10 to 20 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.Another popular mask recipe calls for 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey (a natural acne remedy) along with mashed banana paste.This mask will help you overcome most of the skin problems in the winters. So, you can consider this a must use Skin Care at home remedy.
- Vinegar Facial Masks – Vinegar can be highly effective as a skin toner. This has proven to be effective since ancient days and it’s still very effective when it comes to the skin tone problems faced by people in the harsh winter season.Once you wash your face, mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 cups water as a finishing rinse to cleanse and tighten your skin.You can also create a DIY face mask by mixing 1/4 cup cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water. Applying this paste and then leaving it to dry for some time will definitely solve the acne and skin tone problems faced in winters.
- Oatmeal Facial Masks – Oatmeal facials are prevalent among the masses because of their proactive effect on your skin. Preparing for a function or gathering?Treat your skin with this awesomeWinter skin care face mask to get a fresh and better-looking face.Take ½ cup lukewarm water and 1/3 cup of oatmeal. Mix them. Once they have settled down for a few minutes, you can add yogurt (2 plain tablespoons). Then add 2 tablespoons of honey along with 1 small white egg. Applying a thin layer of this paste and leaving it as it for about 15 minutes will help you get the desired results.
- Avocado, honey, and Egg yolk facial masks – Another way to look fresher and better would be to prepare for yourself a face mask using Avocado, honey, and egg yolk. This will help you get a flawless skin, ready for the occasion.Preparation of this face mask is very simple, just mash the Avocado along with egg yolk and mix with honey. Let it settle down for a few minutes and apply the mixture to your face and neck. Help your skin by keeping it for almost 20 minutes on your face and then rinsing it. And there you are, glowing and ready to go for the occasion.
- Papaya Face Masks – Papayas are known to be one of the best anti-oxidants available on earth. Important ingredients in order of getting this awesome face masks are a ripe banana, a few tablespoons of honey and Papaya. The process begins with a uniform mashing of papaya and banana such that no lump is left. Honey is added after this and mixed uniformly. This paste can be uniformly applied to your face as well as other dry areas on the body.
Papayas contain antioxidants and bananas are known for their vitamin content. These two fruits also work as anti-aging agents.